We are all Learners at ISP. Learning at ISP is a dynamic and inspiring process, where students, teachers, support staff and parents experience the joy and excitement of exploration, challenge and personal growth. Learning at ISP is where students experience the joy and excitement of exploration, challenge and personal growth.
Our ISP Learning Definition, Principles and Profile explicitly state the learning we value at ISP. Based on educational research, these statements guide the why, how and what of learning at ISP.
ISP Definition of Learning
What does it mean to learn at ISP?
Learning is a transformative process that builds on what we know and can do, deepens what we understand, and changes who we are.
ISP Learning Principles
Learning best happens when …
- Learners’ curiosity drives what and how they learn.
- Learners know what they’re learning and why it is significant.
- Learners know where they are as learners and how to go further.
- Learners persist with relevant and rich challenges.
- Learners consider and connect complex ideas.
- Learners apply their learning in diverse and challenging contexts.
- Learners feel a sense of safety and belonging.
ISP creates authentic, relevant learning opportunities from Pre-kindergarten to Grade 12, culminating in both an ISP Diploma and the option of the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
ISP students, driven by their curiosity, develop the skills, understandings and dispositions to lead healthy, fulfilling and purposeful lives.
The ISP Library is the heart of the school, and an active centre for learning. It has over 35,000 print volumes and another 200,000 ebooks. The entire ISP community has access to an extensive range of online resources and subscriptions.
The Idea Lab
ISP also has an Idea Lab, which is a tech-focused space that supports curiosity and inquiry, extending to hands-on learning with contemporary tools, supported by the Digital Learning Coaches from all sections of the school.