Student Violinist Boha Moon was born in South Korea in 2006. She started playing violin at the age of seven. In 2016, she moved to the USA and attended Manhattan School of Music Precollege. She studied there with Prof. Anat Malkin Almani. After returning to S. Korea in 2017, she joined the Korea National Institute for the Gifted in Arts and studied with Prof. Nam-yun Kim. In Feb. 2021, she moved to Prague and has been studying here with Josef Spacek. Boha has taken master classes from great violinists like Mihaela Martin, Klaidi Sahatci, Noah Bendix-Balgley, Philip Draganov, Ani Schnarch, Martin Beaver, and Koichiro Harada.
Boha has won many prestigious awards such as the following:
- First prize MusicChunchu 2015
- First prize at the Crescendo International Competition in USA 2016
- First prize Ewha & Kyunghyang (2018)
- First prize Singapore Violin Festival Competition 2019
- First prize Ishikawa music award in Japan 2019
- First prize EuroAsia International competition 2020
- Second prize of the Leonid Kogan Competition 2020
- Fifth Prize winner of the Menuhin Competiton 2021
- Boha was also awarded the annual award of the Korea National Institute for the Gifted in Arts and the chairman’s award of Yewon & Seoul Art High School.
Boha has given many live performances like the Crescendo International Competition Recital in the USA in 2017, Youth Classics Recital in Switzerland in 2017, Singapore Violin Festival Gala concert in 2019, and in 2021 she performed in a concert for future Korean and Czech musicians.