Provide technical sound and lighting support for all activities using ISP performance and conference facilities. The position will also require the individual to manage the main Theatre space and scheduling. This position requires someone who is excited by the theatre & stage management, who is well versed in all technical aspects of a front of house engineer. Preference is given to an individual with a varied skill set who is able to climb ladders, paint sets, hang lights, work with students, design sets, and run technical rehearsals.
- As a member of the Activities Office assist with the coordination and planning of events when necessary
- Perform lighting & sound engineering duties for all activities and events using ISP facilities;
- Ensure cleanliness and organisation of all areas of the School theatre, dressing rooms and storage areas;
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all technical rehearsals for ISP and for hosted/rental performances and productions (e.g. Performing Arts events, School Community Association events, Professional Development conferences, TEDxYouth, University fairs, Prague’s Youth Theatre, Teachers Summit, etc.);
- Provide instruction to students in audio/visual theatre operations, stage craft and technical production;
- Manage the Performing Arts events’ related booking and guest events’ booking calendar;
- Ensure smooth delivery of all technical rehearsals/performances and productions;
- Ensure overall safety within Performing Art venues, including sets, equipment and facility;
- Prepare, update and maintain equipment inventories and venue maintenance records;
- Work with cleaning, maintenance, security and cafeteria to ensure smooth running of events;
- Ensure all Theatre bookings are made through the schools facility booking system and all relevant departments are briefed & informed of requirements in advance;
- Liaise with Activities Office, facilities, security, maintenance and leadership teams to ensure coordination in school wide event planning and execution;
- In cooperation with the Activities Director and other relevant parties, to identify & execute areas for improving the efficiency of event management at ISP.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Activities Director
Knowledge, skills and dispositions required:
- Technical theatre knowledge including live sound & lights;
- Well organized person with strong follow-through with tasks and promises;
- Customer service oriented attitude;
- Fluency in Czech and English;
- International and/or multi-cultural experience;
- Self-driven, flexible and solution(s) focused.
Experience and education required:
- BA Degree (preferred)
- relevant technical theater training and experience.
As part of ISP’s comprehensive child welfare policy, we do perform background checks on all our employees, who must abide by the ISP Child Protection Policy.