Are you an IT network enthusiast and would you like to have the opportunity to try new ideas and have a positive influence?
Are you looking to get started in an IT Career in networking or are you tired of the restrictions of corporate business and looking for a more friendly and less restrictive environment?
Would you like to have reasonable working hours and to actually have a life outside of work, without being bothered by endless support calls?
Oh, and are you a fan of Apple devices?
Then this job might be the one for you!
At the International School of Prague we are looking for a new colleague who will join our Technology Department and take responsibility for network maintenance and other technology projects.
- Manage and maintain the wired and wireless network infrastructure;
- Support the growth and development of the network to support all ISP users;
- Integrate systems and services to allow for efficient operation of the school;
- Support the IT Helpdesk team with user support;
- Other projects and tasks as required.
We are ready to support a junior enthusiastic candidate with less work experience and teach them everything needed. For more senior candidates we have several projects ahead of us (such as cyber-security, systems integrations, redesign of the network etc.) that will allow you to make full use of your skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Dispositions Required
- Good communication in English and Czech (written and spoken);
- Strong customer service and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and to problem-solve;
- Flexibility and positive, solution-focused attitude;
- A team player;
- Knowledge and experience in network management, optimization, and maintenance;
- Knowledge of security concepts, components and tools;
- Knowledge about wireless infrastructure in a large, high-availability environment;
- Some knowledge of scripting or coding;
The following skills are not strictly required, but may be helpful
- Practical experience connecting systems via API ;
- Practical experience with coding/scripting in any language;
- Familiarity with Apple and Apple devices;
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (gSuite);
- Linux or Windows server experience.
As part of ISP’s comprehensive child welfare policy, we do perform background checks on all our employees, who must abide by the ISP Child Protection Policy.