MIDDLE SCHOOL LEARNING SUPPORT SPECIALIST IN MATH
The overall purpose of the position:
- Develop and implement Learning Support Plans for individual students.
- Collaborate and co-teach with Math teachers to maximize student learning using UDL approaches.
- Provide direct, targeted instruction to groups of Tier 2 and Tier 3 students to maximize their learning growth.
- Act as a liaison between students, parents, and the school, in alignment with ISP mission and ISP Learning Principles.
- Facilitate learners knowing where they’re at and how to go further, regardless of their profile.
- Provide interventions, accommodations, and direct instruction to students identified in Tier 3 the Learning Support Program.
- Collaborate and co-teach with MYP Math teachers using UDL approaches.
- Support teachers in the initiation and follow-up of new referrals for students who are not making adequate progress.
- Coordinate, administer, and track school-wide common Learning Support assessments.
- Provide teacher resources and professional development in Learning Support, UDL and common assessments.
- Create and maintain a positive, student-centred environment that maximizes learning and inclusion opportunities for all learners.
- Effectively communicate with families of learning support students.
- Collaborate with the PK-12 Learning Support Team to ensure coherence and consistency across the sections.
- Provide regular teacher and parent education opportunities.
- Support the holistic development of students as an advisor, and as a supervisor of student clubs and activities.
- Actively participate in and lead professional development opportunities and collaborative meetings.
- Be an active partner in building and sustaining trusting & constructive relationships with other colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, skills, and dispositions required:
- Ability to display a personal vision in alignment with the ISP mission.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, working with middle school students.
- Self-driven, proactive attitude, always trying to go to the next level professionally and leading from any seat.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents, and colleagues in a clear and empathetic manner.
- A high level of intra & interpersonal intelligence, working effectively in a collaborative environment.
- A growth mindset and open-minded approach to professional learning.
- International/multicultural teaching experience.
- Impactful educator/leader: walk the talk, have a bias to action, and a strong ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
Education and training preferred:
- BA (MA preferred) with teaching certification for Grades 6-8.
- Certification in Learning Support/Special Needs Education, Math preferred
- A minimum of three years experience as a Math and/ or Learning Support specialist with Middle School aged (12-16-year-old) children.
ISP uses an online, automated application management system thus do expect ALL job applications to be submitted through this system. If you are interested in this vacancy and you meet the specified criteria, then please go to this LINK and follow the application instructions accordingly
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position at ISP, a short statement of educational philosophy, a writing sample that may be a personal statement, an article for a school publication, a recent speech, or a submitted scholarly article, i.e. whatever that can help inform the search committee of expertise, interests, academic focus, and experience.
- An up-to-date resume or CV.
- Contact information for at least three current professional referees (one of which should be, if possible, the direct supervisor of the applicant’s current organization).
The deadline to submit applications is 30 June 2023. Candidates should note, however, that in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, ISP reserves the right to move forward with this appointment. For this reason, it is essential that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.