Overall purpose of the position:
Central to ISP’s new Learning Innovation Hub, ISP’s Teacher-Librarians nurture lifelong readers and curious thinkers who can find and use information purposefully. While this position has a Middle and Upper School focus, (Grades 6-12), the successful candidate will actively contribute to the planning and growth of multimodal literacies and innovation across the whole school as a member of the PK-12 Learning Innovation Hub team.
ISP Definition of Learning: What does it mean to learn at ISP? Learning is a transformative process that builds on what we know and can do, deepens what we understand, and changes who we are.
ISP Learning Principles - learning best happens when:
- Learners’ curiosity drives what and how they learn.
- Learners know what they’re learning and why it is significant.
- Learners know where they are as learners and how to go further.
- Learners persist with relevant and rich challenges.
- Learners consider and connect complex ideas.
- Learners apply their learning in diverse and challenging contexts.
- Learners feel a sense of safety and belonging.
- In partnership with colleagues, students and wider community to:
- develop curious, lifelong, thoughtful readers, self-directed researchers, and creators;
- ensure learners have access to relevant and rich sources;
- create conditions for learners to connect, communicate and create, locally and globally;
- model and assist the relevant, safe, authentic use of information and technology tools;
- facilitate and develop research and information fluency within the learning program; and
- provide learning opportunities based on identified / expressed needs or interests of learners
- Actively participate in and lead professional development opportunities and collaborative meetings;
- Be an active partner in building and sustaining trusting & constructive relationships with other colleagues;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & dispositions required:
- An avid learner and seeker of how to maximize a learning community that:
- Reads widely, passionately and thoughtfully;
- Finds, manages and uses information wisely for intended audience and purpose;
- Selects and uses the best tools available for the intended learning, communication or information access.
- Successful planning and teaching of Middle and Upper School adolescents using student curiosity as a driver.
- Self-driven, proactive attitude, always trying to go to the next level professionally and leading from any seat.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents and colleagues in a clear and empathetic manner.
- A high level of intra & interpersonal intelligence, working effectively in a collaborative environment.
- A growth mindset and open-minded approach to professional learning.
- International / multicultural teaching experience.
- Impactful educator with an innovative and solutions focused can-do flexible attitude.
- A strong understanding and experience with:
- inquiry-based practices;
- literacy development in multilingual, multicultural learners;
- contemporary young adult and adult literature;
- fostering a range of information and digital skills and attitudes in others.
Education & experience required:
- Master's degree Library Science or equivalent
- Teaching certification
- Relevant IB Diploma experience preferred
- A minimum of five years of recent and related experience
- Experience directly related to main responsibilities specified above.
ISP uses an online, automated application management system and we do expect ALL job applications to be submitted through this system accordingly.
If you are interested in this vacancy and you meet the specified criteria, please go to this link and follow the instructions accordingly.
The deadline for applications is 10 December, 2020. Candidates should note, however, that the School has already started the recruitment process and therefore in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, ISP reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline. For this reason, it is essential that interested candidates apply as soon as possible. The successful candidate is expected to join ISP in August 2021.
As part of our comprehensive child welfare policy, ISP performs background checks on all its employees, who must abide by the ISP Child Protection Policy