Overall Purpose of the Position
The Learning Information Hub Teacher Librarian acts as a vital link between the school community and the expansive world of information, fostering lifelong readers and inquisitive minds primed for success in a highly digital world. Their role involves curating relevant resources, mentoring students in critical thinking, and collaborating with the faculty to amplify technology-integrated education. As part of the Learning Innovation Hub team, which includes both Teacher Librarians and Technology/Design Coaches, the ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping and advancing multimodal literacies and innovation throughout the entire school.
In collaboration with colleagues, students, and the broader community:
- Foster Lifelong Learners: Cultivate an innate sense of curiosity, guiding learners to become lifelong readers, independent researchers, and innovative creators.
- Access to Quality Resources: Ensure that learners have ready access to diverse, relevant, and enriching resources.
- Global Collaboration: Create an environment where learners can effortlessly connect, communicate, and create on both local and global scales.
- Personalized Learning Opportunities: Tailor learning opportunities to address both the identified and expressed needs or interests of our learners.
- Lead in Research Education: Spearhead the development, instruction, and assessment of research skills throughout the entirety of the IB programme continuum.
- Enhance Information and Technology Integration: Collaborate closely with fellow educators to infuse information and technology skills within the curriculum.
Safe and Authentic Tool Usage: Serve as a role model in demonstrating and guiding the appropriate, safe, and genuine utilization of information and technology tools.
Experience, Skills & Dispositions Required
A dedicated educator with an unwavering passion for fostering vibrant learning communities. Committed to innovation and continuously elevating the educational experience.
Holistic Approach to Learning:
- Reads extensively and thoughtfully, drawing insights from a wide array of sources.
- Expertly finds, manages, and curates information tailored for specific audiences and objectives.
- Proficient in contemporary literature for students.
- Success in designing and executing lesson plans that harness student curiosity.
- Proven experience in inquiry-based practices and literacy development, especially for multilingual and multicultural learners.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Exceptional ability to communicate with clarity and empathy to students, parents, and peers.
- Thrives in collaborative settings, backed by high intra & interpersonal intelligence.
- Mastery in selecting and leveraging cutting-edge tools for optimal learning and communication.
- Promotes digital literacy, fostering essential information and digital skills in others.
Professional Growth & Leadership:
- Self-driven with a proactive mindset, always seeking professional advancement.
- Leads effectively from any position, demonstrating a growth mindset and an open-minded approach to professional learning.
- Brings international/multicultural teaching experience to the table, enriching the learning environment.
Innovative & Solution-Oriented:
- Recognized as an impactful educator with a flexible, solutions-focused attitude, always ready to adapt and overcome challenges.
Education & Training Preferred
- Master's degree Library Science or equivalent
- Teaching certification
- Relevant IB programme experience preferred
- A background in the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework.
- A minimum of five years of recent and related experience
- Experience directly related to main responsibilities specified above.
ISP uses an online, automated application management system and we do expect ALL job applications to be submitted through this system. If you are interested in this vacancy and you meet the specified criteria, then please go to this link and follow the application instructions accordingly
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position at ISP, short statement of educational and leadership philosophy (no more than one page)
- Up-to-date resume or CV
- Writing sample that may be a personal statement, an article for a school publication, a recent speech, or submitted scholarly article-whatever can help inform the search committee of expertise, interests, academic focus and experience.
- Contact information for at least three current professional referees (one of which should be, if possible, the direct supervisor of the applicant’s current organization).
The deadline to submit applications is 16 December 2023. Candidates should note, however, that in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, ISP reserves the right to move forward with this appointment. For this reason, it is essential that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.