Overall Purpose of the Position
This position involves teaching Middle School (Gr. 6, 7, and 8) MYP Mathematics. The ideal candidate will foster a love of Math and provide opportunities for students to apply their learning to real world situations. This position involves planning and facilitating inspiring, engaging, and empowering Math experiences that motivate all learners.
- Plan and facilitate engaging, relevant and authentic learning engagements.
- Nurture students’ Maths curiosity and competencies.
- Develop & plan classes following a backwards design curriculum planning process and in alignment with the Learning@ISP, ISP Science standards, IB MYP course goals, departmental philosophy and ISP mission.
- Create and maintain a positive, student-centred environment which maximises learning opportunities for all learners.
- Facilitate a balanced array of learning experiences which meet the students’ where they’re at and move them forward in developing skills, concepts and understandings.
- Integrate IT in classroom instruction as a tool to support student learning.
- Effectively assess & document students’ learning growth aligned to Learning@ISP, and based on Math standards, benchmarks, performance indicators, and unit criteria.
- Support the holistic development of students as an advisor and as a supervisor of student clubs and activities.
- Actively participate in and lead professional development opportunities and collaborative meetings.
- Be an active partner in building and sustaining trusting & constructive relationships with other colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills& Dispositions Required
- An avid learner and seeker of how to support students’ strengths & interests.
- Impactful leader: walk the talk, have a bias to action and collaborate using evidence-focused practices. Demonstrated success in planning, teaching, assessment and responding using student data.
- A sound understanding of best-practice skills in facilitating inquiry and interdisciplinary connections.
- Self-driven, always trying to go to the next level.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents and colleagues in a clear and empathetic manner.
- A growth mindset and open-minded approach to professional learning - a life-long learner.
- International / multicultural teaching experience.
- Flexible, can-do attitude, innovative and solutions-focused.
- A high level of intra & interpersonal intelligence and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
Education & Training Required
- A BA (MA preferred) degree in Maths or a related field of study.
- Teaching certification for Middle School Maths.
- A background in the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework.
- Proven track record in teaching Maths to Middle School age students.
ISP uses an online, automated application management system and we do expect ALL job applications to be submitted through this system. If you are interested in this vacancy and you meet the specified criteria, then please go to this link and follow the application instructions accordingly
A complete application includes:
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position at ISP, short statement of educational and leadership philosophy (no more than one page)
- Up-to-date resume or CV
- Writing sample that may be a personal statement, an article for a school publication, a recent speech, or submitted scholarly article-whatever can help inform the search committee of expertise, interests, academic focus and experience.
- Contact information for at least three current professional referees (one of which should be, if possible, the direct supervisor of the applicant’s current organization).
The deadline to submit applications is December 31, 2023. Candidates should note, however, that in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, ISP reserves the right to move forward with this appointment. For this reason, it is essential that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.