The Sectional Secretary is the public face and first point of contact for the ES parents, students and teachers. The primary functions are to assist the Sectional Principal and Faculty, perform related office management tasks and to provide general information and manage concerns and questions from parents and students.
- Perform personal assistant duties to the Sectional Principal / Associate Principal and other duties as assigned by the Principal / Associate Principal (manage calendars, set up meetings, etc., and assist with preparing materials for meetings)
- Develop and maintain good communication and working relationships with staff, parents and external contacts;
- Maintain student database and files of students. and student attendance records, keeping notes of late arrivals, early departures
- Manage school system: report cards, transcripts, student schedules, leaving documents, scheduling in Veracross
- Procure and coordinate substitutes for teachers and report monthly records;
- Managing Databases - Veracross, Schooldude, plusPortal, FMP (orders), School Bookings,
- Maintaining Sectional Google internal calendar, assist with facility and maintenance bookings and requests for the section as well as oversee bookings of Conference rooms.
- Maintain students’ archive files - transcripts, report cards
- Assist with organizing parent night, parent teacher conferences, faculty meetings
- Liaise with other departments of the school
- Format information for internal and external communications -memos, emails, presentations, reports, bulletin boards
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Coordinate After Care Program for Early Childhood
- Duties with children: recess and / or lunchroom
- Maintain a staff room (copy machines and printers, laminator - keeping up with inventory and service), order refreshments for meetings and conferences.
- Organize events - parent conferences, Holidays and special celebrations
- Help organize field trips
Knowledge, skills and dispositions required:
- Fluency in Czech and English
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Can-do attitude and customer service driven attitude
- Adhere to strict confidentiality involving student matters and internal/external correspondence
- Ability to work accurately and calmly, and show resilience, when under pressure
- Professional Behaviour
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the organization and composition of letters, minutes, reports, charts and spreadsheets.
Experience and education required:
- Users experience with google suite & drive-based environment,
- Preferred university graduate, minimum BA degree;
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in an international environment.
As part of ISP’s comprehensive child welfare policy, we do perform background checks on all our employees, who must abide by the ISP Child Protection Policy.