On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays we offer a wide range of after school activities for Grades 1-5 each lasting between 9 and 10 weeks.
The activities offered at ISP are structured, challenging and rewarding - tailored to meet individual needs and contribute towards their physical/mental development and social wellbeing.
The benefits for students include opportunities to:
- increase their participation in physical activity and improve fitness levels
- further the knowledge, understanding and skills developed within curriculum time
- try out activities not included within the curriculum
- begin to specialise in specific activities
- make independent choices and decisions about their participation
- become involved in the organisation, management and leadership of activities
- take part in activities for a variety of different reasons (e.g. for recreation, fun, competition, social)
- socialise with pupils from different classes/grades and make new friends
The benefits for ISP include:
- contributing to whole school improvements including improved behaviour, commitment and attitudes of students
- involving and increasing the participation levels of all members of the school community (staff, aides, parents, older students and outside agencies)
- establishing links with the community drawing on and sharing knowledge, skills, expertise and resources
The new Intra-Mural Competition Programme being introduced this year is there to complement, enhance and extend physical activity opportunities
provided within the curriculum and through lunchtime activities.
If you have any suggestions or would like to discuss any part of the programme, then please feel free to contact me via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in to see me in Room 77 between the hours of 3.00pm and 3.50pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please be aware that the sign-up process will be on-line from this academic year reducing the need to print and waste paper.
Click here for sign up information.
Upper Elementary PE Teacher and After School Activities Co-ordinator