Our Elementary School Philosophy
The Elementary School encompasses children from age 3 to about age 10 or 11 (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5).
Our primary purpose is to foster children's natural curiosity and sense of wonder while helping them to develop a sense of themselves as lifelong learners and problem solvers. At the same, time students must acquire skills in reading, writing, math and critical thinking. They must also be taught to become skillful decision-makers and responsible citizens in a global community. The diversity of our many cultures is a strength that we use to make ISP an exceptional educational environment that supports this development.
In the Elementary School at the International School of Prague we believe:
- Each child is a unique individual, possessing dignity and worth;
- A child develops physically and intellectually at a rate that is singular to him/her, and each child has different learning styles;
- Learning is a gradual process which starts in the home, is enhanced through the school, and continues throughout life;
- Formal education is a shared responsibility between parents and the school;
- It is our responsibility to provide a safe environment which nurtures social and emotional well being;
- A school should educate the whole child, providing experiences in intellectual development, physical exercise, aesthetic appreciation, creative production, social cooperation, and character formation;
- A quality educational program provides challenges for all students with support for students with special needs.
A morning half-day program is available in PreK3 (three-year olds) and PreK4 (four-year olds), which runs until 12:30. All PreK students (half and full day) receive lunch at no additional cost.
Please see links to the pages below, which will provide you with details on life in the ISP Elementary School. Current parents can log in to this page
to see more details about the ES curriculum in each grade.
Dr. Cynthia Gause-Vega, Elementary Principal Ms. Jimena Zalba, Associate Principal
Please click on the links below for more information about the ISP Elementary School.